Naturally Smooth... Positively Effective
A semi-recumbent elliptical upper body cycle that combines the benefits of smooth elliptical cross-training exercise with the safety, comfort and stability of semi-recumbent positioning. The Step-through frame, simple easy to see and use display and comfortable, robust design make the BioStep 2 the obvious choice for cross training.
The elliptical motion of the BioStep2 is naturally smooth and continuous; very different from the stuttering stop-start motion associated with other recumbent steppers.
Available in two models, the BioStep 2 is especially designed for fitness and wellness applications. The BioStep 2 Clinical Pro is designed for people with physical impairments and is suitable for rehabilitation.
- Neurologics cardiac rehabilitation
- Aerobic conditioning
- Older adult
- Elliptical motion – provides smooth continuous “zero joint impact” exercise
- Self-powered, self-charging, cordless capability – use it anywhere
- 1:1 arm to leg motion – for natural arm swing rhythm
- Pivoting handgrips – provide comfort for patients with forearm or wrist impingements
- Rotating seat to 90° on either side and step-through design – for easy and safe entry and exit
- Optimised seat height – for wheelchair transfers and controlled hip flexion
- Up to 600 watts – to accommodate a wide spectrum of users
- Constant resistance with 20 effort levels – provides greater program options
- Integral contact and Polar® Telemetry compatible heart rate monitoring – to ensure proper training intensity
- Sturdy, well placed grab handles to facilitate patient transfer
- Large easy-to-use “Quick Start” display – features time, RPM, watts, calories, METs, distance, total steps, heart rate
- Robust design – for heavy institutional uses
- Foot Straps – A hook and loop strap that provides a simple solution to secure a user’s foot to the footplate during exercise
- Hand Straps – Like a foot strap, a hook and loop strap provides a simple solution to secure a user’s hand to the Pivoting Handgrips, enabling controlled motion during exercise
- Seat Belt – The seat belt offers support and security for patients with limited torso control. The seat belt fits securely around the lower abdomen of each user and is completely adjustable. The retractable seat belt is there when needed and out of way when not.
- Moveable Armrests – With the addition of movable padded armrests, user obtain an added level of comfort and stability when needed. The BioStep 2 can be used with or without the armrests in position. Armrest folds up flush against the side of the seat back to provide easy-on and off access.
Advanced Stabilisation Pack:
- Padded Foot Restraint and Pivoting Calf Support – Our lower extremity stabilisation is a combination to provide support to the calf while allowing the patient to exercise and experience the smooth BioStep motion. The calf support pivots, allowing the ankle to move as it would naturally in gait. The padded foot restraint is a convenient and comfortable means to secure the foot to the footplate, thereby maintaining correct loading of the joints and postural alignment during exercise
- Hand/Wrist Cuffs (pair) – Patients with hand and wrist limitations will find comfort with the pivoting handgrips and security of maintaining stable hand position throughout the exercise session. The Hand/Wrist Cuffs allow users with limited or no hand strength or control to enjoy the benefits of the BioStep’s Upper body exercise. Note: Hand/Wrist Cuffs are also sold separately
- Dimensions: 54" l x 28" w x 44" h (137 x 71 x 112 cm)
- Resistance: Constant resistance with 20 effort levels
- Work Rate Range: Up to 600 watts (120 rpm)
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Polar® contact handgrip (telemetry compatible)
- Readouts: Time, rpm, watts, calories, METs, heart rate, distance and total steps
- User Capacity: 500 lb (227 kg)
- Weight: 202.5 lb (92 kg)
- Power: Self-power, no external power requirement at user work rates over 30 watts and 50rpm, as battery automatically recharges at work rates above 30 watts and 50rpm. Adaptor is provided to power system and charge battery during applications below 30 watts and 50rpm.
- ETL listed to UL60601-1 and CAN/CSA C22.2 No.601.1.M90, EN 60601-1: 2nd Edition. EMC compliance to EN 60601-1-2.
- Two years’ parts; one-year labour
950-240 BioStep 2
Includes: foot straps, hand straps, seat belt and movable armrests
950-242 Stabilisation Kit
Includes: foot straps, hand straps, seat belt, movable armrests, pivoting calf support, padded foot restraint and hand/wrist cuffs